A Safe Environment for Birth
Ingredients for a great family in the making :
Safe birth culture
One of the most safe – for mum and baby bonding – must surely be The Farm – please look at their statistics, before thinking further about the big medical machinery all set up to ‘help’ you do what you are born to do.
There is lots of material out there to help you consider the best options for you when it comes to the birth of your child. Here are a few you could review:
Perhaps first watch Ina May (30 minutes)
- Henci Goer ‘The Thinking Woman’ Guide to Better Birthing’ and ‘Obstetric Myths Versus Research Realities’
- Ina May Gaskin ‘Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth’, ‘Birth Matters’, Birth and Breastfeeding’ and ‘Spiritual Midwifery’
- ‘Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering’ Dr Sarah J Buckley
- ‘The Gentle Birth Method’ – Dr Gowrie Motha
- Everything written by Dr Michel Odent, Dr Frederick Le Boyer and Dr Sarah J Buckley
Perhaps also add this to your mix . . .
Baby needs the blood it has not needed within its body (as it is breathing via the cord from mum) to come back into her/his body to then breathe independently. Perhaps start investigating how your baby needs to be respected and kept whole. Physiological third stage is what nature expects of all mammals.
- Babies may remember their own birthing
- Epidurals – do you know enough about this?
- C sections – are you sure you need one?
You need rest to make yourself whole again, so you can be the mum your baby needs – rest, supportive birthing culture and good nutritional support
Healthy Parents to be – Easy Periods – Easy Fertility – Easy Pregnancy – Easy Birthing – Easy Lactation – Easy Babies
See how you can change the course of your pregnancy and your life HERE – become empowered